ATA is a professional association founded to advance the translation and interpreting professions and foster the professional development of individual translators and interpreters. Its over 10,000 members in more than 103 countries include translators, interpreters, teachers, project managers, web and software developers, language company owners, hospitals, universities, and government agencies.
ATA offers a variety of programs, benefits, and support services.
- Annual Conference. The largest ATA meeting, this conference is held every fall in a major city in the U.S. The meeting showcases workshops, educational sessions, exhibitors, a job marketplace, and networking events.
- Certification. ATA offers a certification exam to translators in 29 language combinations. Becoming ATA certified allows translators to document their abilities objectively in a specific language combination.
- Professional Development. The Association organizes an annual series of seminars and mini-conferences throughout the U.S. to provide advanced education and training in diverse specialties and languages.
- Honors and Awards. To encourage, reward and publicize outstanding work done by both seasoned professionals and students of the craft, ATA presents several awards and scholarships during the Annual Conference.
- Divisions. Through 22 specialty-specific divisions, ATA provides a way for members with common interests to network more effectively. The divisions offer newsletters, online forums, seminar and conference presentations, and networking sessions.
- Local Groups. ATA chapters and affiliates provide regional information, marketing, networking, and support services to local translators and interpreters.
- Client Education. The Association has developed publications, reports, and surveys to educate customers of translation and interpreting services about the value of using professional translators and interpreters.
Visit the website: www.atanet.org